Valentine’s Day is around the corner and it’s time to make some plans with your valentine. While I love holidays, I don’t love spending tons of money on them. I think Valentine’s day is a sweet day to make sure all the special people in your life know that you love them. Today I’ve made a list of six cost effective date ideas that T and I love doing and that I think would be great for a date night. Since Valentine’s Day is on week night this year (BOO), you could pick one of these date ideas for the weekend before or after VDay (or night of, if you’re feeling wild).
- Picnic Outside– Instead of going to a restaurant, create your own romantic meal by having a picnic in the park. Grab some snacks (our go to is Publix Subs), a blanket, some wine, and watch the sun set.
- Go hiking – Hiking is a great way to enjoy nature, get some exercise, and spend time with your valentine. I love hiking with T because it’s uninterrupted time that we get to spend together surrounded by nature and without our phones!
- Find a date on Groupon or Living Social – I love love love finding fun and new experiences on Groupon or Living Social. T and I went skydiving through a Living Social deal and we ran an ugly sweater 5k through a Groupon deal. Browse the website and see if there’s anything fun and exciting to do with your valentine at a discounted price!
- Cook a new dish together- One way to enjoy an amazing and quality meal with your valentine without breaking the bank is to cook it yourself. Head to Pinterest and find a new dish you both would love to try. You could make your dinner themed (Italian, Mexican, Thai food etc.) or try something you’ve never made like fondue or zoodles.
- Make a fort for a movie night – Pull out all your blankets, pillows and anything else comfy you have a make a fort for your cozy night in. Grab some popcorn and take turns watching each other’s favorite movies.
- Rent bikes and play tourist in your own city – Sometimes we take for granted what beautiful cities we live in. Rent some bikes and explore your city with your valentine. You might discover a part of your city you had no idea existed!
I hope this gave you some inspiration on how to have a romantic date night with your valentine without breaking the bank! Do you have any cost effective date nights you love to do with your significant other? Let me know in the comment section below!
Photography by: Horn Photography and Design